A recently launched app uses artificial intelligence and educational games to inspire children to exercise.
Lucas and his friends is designed for ages 4-8 and offers an interactive learning experience in which players play games by moving to select the correct answers.
Using basic moves and following simple instructions, players can stretch or jump in order to ‘touch’ or ‘catch’ the correct answers, helping them develop strength, endurance, coordination and flexibility while by practicing English and science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills.
“At a time when kids are spending more and more time in front of their screens, we’ve created a way to make that time more educational and active,” said Wayne Chung, CEO and Co-Founder of GOFA INTERNATIONAL, creator of Luca & Friends.
“This app includes English basics such as nouns and grammar, as well as STEM content such as insect, vegetable and fruit knowledge and skip counting, and provides children with fun, exciting and designed to help instill healthy habits.Through the use of AI technology, these games encourage movement and learning, giving children the perfect platform to improve their knowledge and increase their daily exercise .
The story of Luca & Friends centers on a galaxy far, far away, where Prince Luca and his alien friends Pumkey, Digby and Mighty Coke embark on a mission to save Earth from hate, fighting and hurt. The characters then appear in the app to connect children to exciting worlds of learning and movement.
Key features of Luca & Friends will include the following:
- Social Interaction: All games are socially interactive with a leaderboard and other social elements.
- Educational content: Luca & Friends offers over 100 lessons and activities covering English and STEM subjects. All content has been created by accredited teachers and trainers and is tied to program standards.
- Rewards: Luca & Friends offers loyalty and rewards programs to motivate kids to stay active.
- Parent Dashboard: The progress dashboard in the parent area shows parents their child’s play history and allows them to track their child’s growth status.
- Playback Mode: The app collects a short video of the player so they can see themselves moving during gameplay.
- Silent Mode: Players can return to touchscreen gaming in situations where there is no ability to move.
- Multiple Display Options: While the app is recommended for iPad and tablet use, gamers can also connect their device to a large-format smart TV via AirPlay or Chromecast and play in front of a larger screen.